Reading The Story, the kids drew some of the pictures in the book for me, too have the childrens effect, which is an important element of my book.
I recently made a childrens book about healthy eating and healthy living and read it too Pre-Preps at my school.
Fast & healthy high-fibre pasta
Ingredients (serves 6)
- Olive oil, to grease
- 500g jap pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 red capsicums, quartered, deseeded
- 1 x 500g pkt wholemeal spaghetti
- 200g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 125g pitted kalamata olives, halved lengthways
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh basil
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush 2 baking trays with oil to lightly grease. Place the pumpkin, garlic and oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and gently toss until combined. Place pumpkin on a prepared tray. Place capsicum on remaining tray. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is golden brown and the capsicum is tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain. Return to the pan.
Thinly slice the capsicum. Add to the pasta, along with the pumpkin, feta, olives and basil. Gently toss until just combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide the pasta among serving bowls. Serve with salad leaves, if desired.